2) . . . Because it's good? I mean, Jason Sholtis' blog, The Dungeon Dozen, is page after page of inspirationally quirky and system-neutral* charts, whether for treasure, encounters, or world-building. The announcement says that the book will only by PWYW for a limited time, however - I wouldn't expect it to last much past Christmas in July. So, if you're a fan of Jason's work, this weekend looks like the time to take the plunge. And if not, let me whet your appetite with some of the subjects this book covers:
3) "Apocalyptic Visions in the Crystal Ball"
4) "Those Blood-Curdling Screams off in the Distance are Actually . . ."
5) "Dungeon Conspiracy Theories"
6) "Semi-Unknown Were-Things"
*Albeit obviously designed with old-school D&D games in mind.